Monday, August 01, 2005

The Legend... of Voltron

Oh wow...

First it was news of the upcoming new Transformers live action movie.

Now we've got news of a Voltron Movie coming out as well!

Looks like them giant robots are coming back.

Speaking of giant robots, a couple of series still stick to my head. As a child, I was really fascinated by the little known transforming robot cartoon known as : Rock Lords. At the time it seemed so cool. In hindsight,you've got a bunch or robots (or they seemed to be robots) that can use their amazing shapeshifting abilities to transform into... uh... rocks.

Yeah. I'm glad my memories of them aren't holding up. Now I can amuse myself with stupid scripts pulled from my sleepy brain.

"Oh my god! Boulder! They're attacking our headquarters!"

"Quick, Marbles! Transform to rock form!"

*after sitting uselessly for the rest of the episode*

"Phew, good thinking Boulder! Without your leadership, we'd all be crushed!"

"And it's another victory for the Rock Lords!"

----

Anyway, its surprising how many things become popular even with very little brainpower.

Maybe next time, I should write a completely brainless story... that might be my ticket to fame!

2 comments:

corinne said...

D:! I have vague memories of Transformers and Voltron.. but Rock Lords? D:!!

Jay Steven Anyong said...

Don't worry, Rika. It's not really old as much as it is obscure. :p