Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I KNEW there was something seriously wrong about that dude in the 700 Club...

I'm technically a non-practicing Roman Catholic guy with a bit of syncretic tendencies towards Buddhism. However, I'd like to think that I happen to be part of the saner side of the human race, adverse to grand acts of violence and capable of decent thought.

Pat Robertson, is apparently on the opposite camp. Our friendly little host of the 700 Club goes on to call for the assassination of the Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. It's surreal. I've always felt wrong about his show as a kid, and now that I'm supposed to be an adult, I'm seeing why.

It's funny how people can be closed minded sometimes. Here we have a guy from a faith that supposedly espouses understanding and peace in the same way that Jesus Christ did calling for Spec Ops operations to kill off a dictator.

I guess Pat Robertson forgot the part about "Thou Shalt Not Kill" in the bible. I guess he didn't read the part about "Thau Shalt Not Be An Idiot" in my bible either.

Maybe we need Pope Benedict XVI to show up and beat Pat Robertson up with one of those metal incense burners they use in church. The one hanging from a chain?

I'd pay good money and have popcorn watching a one-sided match with Pat strapped to a chair butt naked and Pope Benedict XVI unleashing the wrath of god in full regalia and a really heavy incense burner. Of course, being the Pope, Benedict XVI wouldn't kill the guy, just leave him with a long memory of why God was so feared back then and why it's not a good idea to use God as a platform for spreading hate.

No comments: