Friday, August 19, 2005

Brazilians and Tunnels

If Mole Man was a real person, he would have to be Brazilian.

I say this because it seems that the Brazilians enjoy digging tunnels, as evidenced by the Greatest Bank Robbery in Brazilian History. These thieves got away with up to $65m! Holy crap! Imagine what you could have done with that much money...

In fact, tunneling seems to have been the national pastime for Brazilian criminals. Apparently, a gang of prison inmates attempted to break out of jail by digging their own little tunnel. Unfortunately for them, it didn't quite reach as far as they would have wanted to.

Not that I know anything about the Brazilian police system, but if I were one of the cops, I would have unslung my truncheon and started playing Whack-a-Mole with the prisoners before sending them to new cells without food or water for a few days.

No comments: