Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Marathon Shift...

Fantastic.

Here I am, getting as much rest as I possibly can before today. Its not going to be fun today, and I hope I make it though without any problems.

12-hour shift.

My God.

----

The account is shaky at the moment. The performance scores of the entire account have not been meeting the targets set by the client, and with the VP of the client company here to witness it first hand, the meeting at 8:15 pm with the entire account may not be a good thing. Regular shift starts at 9:00 pm and ends at 6:00 am then I've got overtime for two more hours until 8:00 pm.

I hope the energy drink thingy I bought is enough to keep me alive through today.

----

I'm really trying to keep myself going nowadays. Its getting really difficult on the financial end for the family right now, and I'm finding myself more and more pressured to pin this job down, even as I feel that the pressures are building. I'm polishing my resume as we speak... only to be on the safe side.

----

I need a diversion. Thankfully HERO 5th takes a long time to build characters for. Just for the sake of keeping sharp, I'm thinking of building a superhero character for each of the archetypes there are for comic superheroes.

Gadgeteer
Power Armor
Martial Artist
Supernatural
Energy Projector
Mentalist
Brick

and whatever else comes to mind. All hail escapism, the last bastion of true sanity in the world.

1 comment:

Marc Ambrosio said...

The mention of those hero archetypes you're building kinda prompts me to do the same with my recently acquired Authority RPG since it has archetypes of its own. Some variation may be called for in light of building it from scratch besides the guidelines established in the random tables and the actual Authority characters themselves. Quite a lot of time to do them, if sschedule allows.