Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Living in a fantasy...

I guess it just occured to me that I don't really write much about my life here in this blog. Most of the time it's about my hobbies, or with random musings that I've come up with. While that's all fine and good, I can't help but wonder why I don't seem to have much to put up here.

Right now, I'm living in a curious sort of zen-state. I've learned to deal with the pressures of work, the issues at home, and my responsibilities as a friend, companion, significant other and game master. I've dealt with everything the world has tossed at me at one time or another, various paradigm shifts that have decimated my expectations and beliefs at fundamental levels.

A few of the lessons I've learned are the simple ones that everyone should learn at one time or another:

- Learn who your true friends are and cherish them, nurture your relationship with the deserving, and you will also be elevated to their stature.

- Public opinion is hardly ever an accurate indication of anything. Most people are too concerned thinking about what other people think that they lose themselves. You forge your identity, be proud of your handiwork.

- Inspiration is a rare and wonderful thing. No matter what the cause, run with it, play it out, write it down or put it on paper. Everyone has the soul of an artist, it's just a matter of applying what you feel to a medium of expression.

- Words are good, but we take deeds. Honest and sincere intent, coupled with words and promises are only the beginning. The rest of it comes from good, hard work.

- What seem to be great sacrifices now, reap greater rewards later. Karma comes and goes, often hitting you in the back of the head when you least expect it.

- Time is money. Hence if you can pay with time, rather than money, do so. It allows you to spend your current cash on more important things.

- Cattle prods are the wave of the future. Do not hesitate to zap fools if they approach you. If enough of us do it, it will become socially acceptible by the principle of common usage. (taken from Dilbert)

It's not much admittedly, but I guess it's a start. I mean twenty four years of living is probably not what most people would consider to be a long time, but I think that these things are worth bearing in mind.

what do you guys think?

1 comment:

Jay Steven Anyong said...

Heya Kate! One of the brightest Enchantresses in my life and best friend. :p

Again I stand corrected. Before my hubris gets out of hand completely, I will admit that yes, I am human, and I definitely make mistakes. An awful lot actually. :p

But then again, that's why I believe we have friends. These are the people that make our flawed existences all the more beautiful.