Tuesday, July 06, 2004

All Hail the Fourth of July, and more Art Appreciation

Yes, for the first time in my life, I've actually had a chance to celebrate the Fourth of July for a real reason. :)

Working for a call center with a US Bank as an account sort of allows for that kind of thing. I know it's a minor thing, especially since most of the Philippines' three day weekends are now working days (or nights, rather) for me, but I like to celebrate things for the heck of it.

---

A guilty pleasure of mine is to sift through several Art Boards such as the Sijun Boards or Conceptart.Org for pictures that grab my attention or grand inspiration for my RPG games. The picture in my previous post came from one of those boards.

And now for today's picture, called "Enchantress" It's rather large so I had to link it to open to a new window, but PLEASE check it out. It's a fantastic pic.

I really like the whole Chinese vibe she has going on with the details of her costume.

For some reason, I find myself liking Enchantresses more than I like Sorceresses (is there such a word?) Blame it on my fascination on the Arthurian mythos again, but I find the Enchantresses seem to have a hell of a lot more style and finesse than a sorceress. While a Sorceress may call down lightning or fry her foes with fireballs, an enchantress doesn't have to go that far to achieve her ends. Heck, an enchantress makes a great friend, just don't go pissing her off.

Anyway, I'd go more into this discussion on Enchantresses vs. Sorceresses when I get back. Gotta head off to work. Catch you guys tomorrow!

No comments: