Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Just the Beginning...

I just got my finals results today, and I'm really happy about it. Passing was what was on my mind while taking it, but it turned out that I got 98%!

That's just the beginning though. Tonight, I'll be taking on real calls for the first time, and technically that's when I get to see how things are on the floor for real.

----

Speaking of beginnings, we ran into a group of D&D gamers in Greenbelt 3 last weekend, and it turns out that they're a relatively new group to the hobby. I've invited them to the AEGIS mailing list, and it looks like they're all hyped about the prospect of meeting new people and trying new games.

Now I remember why I became a semi-active advocate of the hobby. It's not enough that I enjoy the games I run (or play in), but I want to share the experience with other people. There's a lot more to these games than just rolling dice and drawing looks from other tables in greenbelt when we announce our character's actions, or speak in character. It's fun, and that's exactly what I want to share.

Besides, the more the hobby supports it's fans, the greater the amount of money goes into the hobby, driving down prices, and expanding the diversity of games. It's a win-win situation for me.

I'm sure that most of the hobby store owners will agree with me. In the long run, what makes a game sell is the fact that there's a community for it. Playing is a social activity for the most part, and like kids, if there's nobody to play with, it just won't be fun anymore.

What I'm hoping though, is that we can sustain their interest and their continued participation in the AEGIS community.

1 comment:

Tobie said...

Amen Jay!!!!