Thursday, September 02, 2004

Looking Forward to the Weekend.

Hey,

In early at the office today for more mandatory overtime. Things are hectic over here, but I'm not letting that get to me. I guess I've grown up over the past few years, and I'm taking my responsibilities a little more seriously now. Work is Work now, and no more of the wishy-washiness and half-hearted dedication.

Doesn't mean that it's any easier though. I'm weaning myself off the multivitamins now, going on just one pill a day to make sure that I don't poison myself with too much medicine in my system. Work, like I said, is hectic, with very high standards set for both the call times and the standards. Given the nature of my work, it's a high stress situation, but somehow I'm making things meet.

----

And so I look forward to the weekend, the only time where I get to relax and perhaps live a little. Got Nicco's Exalted game on the afternoon, and Alex's HERO game up in the evening. My parents wonder at how I can sit around and just play a game that involves just talk for hours on end, but I'm thankful that they allow me to go anyway.

I'll be bringing along the new World of Darkness book for kicks, and see what it'll look like if we try making ourselves in the system. That should be interesting... I'd most likely be Vampire feed. :p Can't wait to see the new Mage: the Awakening when it comes out, if Vampire is going to be any sort of indication, the new Mage will be incredible.

----

Speaking of characters, I've been mulling about the possibility of making a new superhero character for Alex's Champions campaign. So far, I've got a power-suit equipped energy projector type hero based of Voltes V, but I'm thinking of what else to play.

Some initial ideas I have would be to make some sort of Martial Artist / Brick type of character, someone who can take a moderate amount of damage while kicking butt with some hand to hand combat. I'm tempted to try and figure out some cinematic "moves" that would work great in a fighting videogame to apply for this kind of character.

Looking back at it, I don't have that many favorite superheroes... Batman is certainly one of them, and Robin and Nightwing due to association. But as for the Marvel Superheroes, I have to admit that I'm not too impressed with the X-men, or with the Fantastic Four. I dunno, I guess it just doesn't work for me very much.

Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for inspiration to strike... I'm sure it will eventually. :p

No comments: