Thursday, September 09, 2004

Here and Now...

Hey there,

Updating has been sparse this week due to a forced 10 hour shift for the past two days. I've never known the true power of the lack of sleep as I have now, having seen myself accidentaly fall asleep in the middle of a call and end up screwing over my documentation.

It's tough work, and now that I'm supposed to be back on an 8 hour shift, another great surprise hits me... I've been moved to the 11 - 8 shift this week. Oh well, at least it's only two more days to go, but the 11 - 8 is the toughest shift because it's the one where I get the least amount of sleep.

----

Game wise, I'm still working on the characters for Christine's Ghost Girl/ Fatal Frame idea, and the modified version of my character, John Armstrong's powered armor for the upcoming HERO games that Alex is holding.

----

Just spent most of my September allotment for expenses even before my first paycheck arrived. :p I know it's an impulse purchase, but I saw Metabarons #1 on the shelf in Comic Quest and I couldn't help but buy it right then and there. Othon's story is by far the most human of all of them, and I can't help but feel that the Metabarons story is one of madness as much as it is of epic tragedy.

I also saw Red Star: Prison of Souls, but with the P1,600.00 price tag on it, I couldn't buy it just yet. ;_;

----

My next article in Seeker is going to give me a hard time. The Editor wants me to write about Eberron, the new D&D setting that just arrived. The problem is, I've never even seen the inside of the book, much less read or played it. I'm hoping that at the very least I'll be able to get my hands on a review copy, but I'm vaguely aware that my hopes are in vain.

I certainly don't want to write based on second hand information, and I'm crossing my fingers that they reconsider and allow me to write about the new World of Darkness instead.

1 comment:

Charles said...

You can always give Seeker my email addy (charles@mindgate.net) in case they want somebody to right them D&D-related articles.