Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Hungry, Sick and Stranded

Fantastic.

It finally happened. After several weeks in night shift, and a grueling week of pulling overtime, my body broke down and got hit with a cold. I spent tuesday evening at home, nursing the mother of all colds and trying to get my voice back so I could get to work again.

Today, I'm here, still with a cold, sniffling and having a hard time breathing, and I'm in the office. Heck, even my customers who listen to me are telling me to go home and get some rest.

Better yet, with the storm outside, the elevators of the building are down as I type this. Power fluctuation knocked most of the building out, and only the generators are keeping the lights and PCs in this place running.

It's my lunch hour right now, and the elevators are down, food is a good 30 stories below. I'm hungry, sick and annoyed... perfect for blogging. :p

Now that I think about it, maybe I should have stayed home instead.

No comments: