Sunday, August 01, 2004

Flatlining with Blogger

Hey guys!

Just wanted to make sure that people still know that I'm alive. The night shift has done nothing to aid in my blogging to be honest, as my schedules revolve around getting to work, working, and crashing to bed when I get home.

It doesn't leave much to be done, believe me.

I'm starting to think that the sun actually fuels people similarly to plants. Even with the same amount of hours in a day, working in night shift tends to screw with your energy levels.

----

Work-wise I think I'm doing okay though. Got two commendations for getting "happy customers" over the phones this week, which is most likely a freak accident of being lucky enough to get callers who ask to speak to your supervisor to say something good for a change.

It's an interesting experience to be honest. But I think I need a lot of stress release. You can't always avoid speaking with people which will teach you just how limited your patience is. Because I'm working in customer support, I've experienced being shouted at for just greeting a customer, getting scathing insults and generally trying to smooth over ruffled feathers, all while trying to maintain an average talk time of 5.25 minutes.

Hey, at least I'm earning money.

----

Going to be in Arnis today, and I think that's a good thing. While I'm usually a lazy bum who couldn't be bothered to get out of my chair, I think hitting things is a good way to release stress. I'm not that good at it though, and I'm pretty sure that somewhere my instructor is still a tad disappointed at my lack of mobility.

I do make a good training dummy apparently. I don't flinch from near hits in demonstrations.

----

Gaming wise, I'm thinking of how to plan a game for once. While I'm confident with my abilities as a GM, I do tend to be on the low end of the planning side, and thus some of my games seem to lack the same amount of detail and focus that the other GMs have.

I'm not ambitious enough to think that I can run a gigantic epic on the fly, and so I'd better get to rolling up my sleeves and learning to sit down and plan for it. :p

Seeker #4 article is done as well, and I'm looking forward to seeing it in print eventually.

----

Man, I'm grateful for weekends. It's the time when friends are there to keep me sane. The lack of actual social contact with people outside the office is driving me just plain nuts.

1 comment:

Tobie said...

Any chance they need more writers?
Could use a racket!

Congrats on the good karma dude!