Monday, July 24, 2006

Pet Peevery

Little Known Fact: I like Utada Hikaru's songs.

One of the songs I really like is "First Love"



---

Other Little Known Fact: I have no respect for Mimicry

Now while I hardly watch any sort of TV, the promotion for this particular song by Toni Gonzaga triggered an irrational urge to hate. And hate I shall.



Pay special attention to the chorus.

Sounds familiar?

Hand me a shotgun and Toni Gonzaga's songwriter. There will be much violence.

---

Unproven mimicry:



Apparently an "english version" of the song was used for some localized chinese wuxia romance series. I'm a big fan of wuxia but I'm curious if Jessa Zaragoza got permission to use the song, even if it's translated.

4 comments:

Pinoy Wargamer said...

*bloghopped* shink1m wuz here!

Utada Hikaru... brings back memories ^_^

Anonymous said...

If you ask me, the whole song seemed copied.

Jay Steven Anyong said...

True enough, I don't normally pay much attention to local pop music but when they played that ad, it reached out and grabbed my brain and kicked it into the curb.

Anonymous said...

People without originality. :/ Geez, I wonder what kind of excuse did that songwriter have? "Eh ano, eh inspiration ko si Utada Hiki eh. Kaya ganun. And you know what they say diba, great minds think alike."

Pota. And people wonder why I hold certain love for Pinoys in my cold little black heart.