Friday, October 14, 2005

Hi, I'm Jay, and I am Recreationally Retarded

It just occured to me that I am actually Recreationally Retarded.

A conversation with a friend of mine who just came back from the beach sorta brought it to mind. For one thing I don't swim.

Okay, I admit it, I can't swim.

I also can't ride a bike, or fly a kite either.

I'm not really bitching about it or anything, but it is something that I've noticed about my childhood. As a kid, I spent most of my time at home either a) reading b) fiddling with the computer (which could have been anything from the Commodore 64 that my Uncle sent me to any number of PCs).

I don't really regret it though, I was never really raised to go out and play and do the stuff that kids usually do, like play in the street with the other kids.

To my benefit, I guess I'm the only kid I know who actually read the entire World Book encyclopedia set from A-Z over the period of 2 years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't swim and ride a bike either... i think, theoretically, i can fly a kite though... after all, its the wind that does all the work, right?:) k8

Scaredy-Geek said...

i can't swim either. i drop like a stone or flounder if i go into the water in any other way but face-up. >__<

Jay Steven Anyong said...

Yay for us non-swimmers!

We were never meant to be in the water, otherwise God would have given us gills. :p

K8:

Theoretically it's the wind that does the work, but for some reason the wind has this annoying tendency to a) crash my attempts at a kite, or b) drive it to the nearest tree.

Yagi:

I just drop like a stone, period. no amount of attempting to float can save me. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll teach you how to swim, dear. ^_^ It's fairly easy and fun.