Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Half-Dazed Zombie; Nerd Toys and Mage: the Ascension

Well, it looks like my body clock hasn't completely adjusted after all. I'm awake two hours early typing out this blog trying to figure out how to knock myself out into lala land again.

Oh well. Since I'm here anyway, might as well make my half-awake state useful.

----

speak and spell
You're a Speak & Spell!! You nerd, you. Just
because you were disguised as a toy doesn't
mean you weren't educational, you sneaky
bastard.


What childhood toy from the 80s are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Great. I'm a Nerd Toy.

----

Well, then again I am technically a Gamer Geek, so I guess I'm not really offended. Heck, I play RPGs and miniatures games and all sorts of other stuff that people would consider to be "toys". (Okay, minds out of the gutter to those who are thinking of other toys right now.)

Heck, I guess proof of this would be the fact that my favorite game , Mage: the Ascension, deals with heavy Philiosophy and a lot of high weirdness, conspiracy theories, religious conflict and the power of the singluar world view.

The basic premise of the game is this:

If you realized the spark of divinity within you, and found that you could use it to rewrite reality... what would you do?? Would you take advantage of it to make yourself rich? Will you solve world hunger? Would you explore the extent of your abilities? will you make yourself into a celebrity? Would you pimp yourself out to first world countries?

That's what Mage is about. :) It's about people who've found the ability to alter reality, and the things they have to go through in pursuit of their goals. Be it power, love, happiness or salvation. :) A little heavy on the reading, but excellent stuff. :)

oh, and just out of curiosity, if you guys are interested, can you guys take this quiz and tell me what you guys got? I think I can learn a lot out of the results of these. Most of the Game Bandits and Kirsikka already know the results they want, but I'm also curious about the guys who don't play Mage

Euthanatos
You are a Euthanatos, bound to the Wheel of
Fortune. Others label you a "death
mage", but they do not see the necessity
of destruction, or how it allows new creation.
That is the burden you must bear, along with
the tragedy of Jhor: hold up your faith in your
vocation, lest you lose sight of your reason
for being, or worse, become a mindless killer.
You stand on the knife's edge, balancing
between extremes; your will must be strong
indeed to balance the universe with you in the
face of ridicule.


Which Tradition Mage Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: