Monday, January 19, 2004

2nd New Worlds Convention, Day 2

Heya!

I'm here typing this now just before I head off to work, because I want to put everything that's happened yesterday down onto the blog before work whisks off the more important stuff off my mind. :)

The AEGIS recruitment drive was in full swing, and we got 99 signups interested in joining the mailing list. It was fantastic how many different people end up enjoying the same hobby. I got the chance to talk to a Dragon enthusiast, a lonely gamer who spoke of how long he had gone without a game, a Literature teacher from De La Salle University, a real-life Virtual Adept and a ton of other interesting folks.

On the game demos, We had four games running simultaneously (better than yesterday) with my Matrix demo, tobie's Vampire: the Masquerade, Jyli's Planeswalker and Elvin's Deadlands.

The demo's were all excellent as everyone who signed up left happy and excited about their games. I was intimidated at first about handling a game for five newbies at the same time (especially when you consider that I needed to keep the pacing and action set on "high" all the time.) But I guess it turned out okay.

Kudos to k8 for her brilliant idea of bribing newbies with chocolate. ;)

----

Many thanks and pats on the back for everyone who joined and helped including such excellent individuals as:

Vlad - Mastermind of AEGIS' participation in the event and the head honcho of the Osias 11.

K8 - The Auditor that just won't quit, who's boundless enthusiasm kept everyone going, and attention to detail kept everyone alert.

Knight Jinx - The hardest working man in the planet, who provided transportation, oversaw the booth, talked to potential recruits and put his RO merchant skillz to the test in real life.

Tobie - The Vampire Lord himself, who managed to put some darkness and angst into our demos, much to the delight of the Vampire lovin' recruits of the day.

Adrian and Nabs - The Great Old One himself and his better half, for their invaluable support and assistance.

Jyli - For being a Horny Man who Plays with His Wand in Public.

And all the other members of AEGIS who dropped by, stayed a while, and kept the whole group going.

----

Well, I guess that's it for this entry. I'll probably put more stuff as soon as I remember any more details worth telling.

Hope you guys have a great day! :)

No comments: