Saturday, January 17, 2004

2nd New Worlds Convention, Day 1

Hello,

I'm blogging this now to keep the details fresh in the electronic medium of my blog.

Started off today trying to experiment with my depth perception. I figured that walking to Rockwell's Power Plant Mall all the way from the Guadalupe MRT Station would be inconsequential in terms of distance.

My depth perception failed.

It wasn't horribly long, but it was certainly far enough to give me second thoughts. :)

----

Anyway, to the event proper. The Convention was pretty cool, as it was nice to see all these niche groups come out in one single event. My role in the AEGIS booth was to basically chat people up, and get them to sign our record sheet and maybe recruit them as new members.

Ended up standing most of the day, and talking even more, especially since I held an rpg demo based on the Matrix.

The Matrix demo I ran was pretty good, had three players attend the game and we all had a blast. Funky acrobatics and gun-fu stunts galore. :) Agents flipping cars and going all kung fu on them helped a whole lot too.

Aside from that, we've been getting new players into the group, some of which were interested in the games for a long time but never had the chance to play, or didn't have anyone to play with. That's where we step in. :) We offer them a chance to play the games they've been looking at (and owned in some cases) for so long, with people that won't make them feel left out.

It's a win-win situation in my book.

I'm glad though that things are working out this way, with the new blood entering the AEGIS' aged veins, we're bound to see new ideas, and maybe (hopefully!) a new generation of GMs taking the reins of their own groups. There aren't enough of us GMs in the world, I guess. :)

----

Vlad, K8 and Knight Jinx were all present and giving 200%, we were up and running and we never let up.

Great work guys! :)

Anyway, I'm tired and sleepy and it's gettin really late. I've got an encore Matrix Demo (different plot for the players who want a second go) tomorrow along side the tobie's Vampire demo, and Jyli's Planeswalker demo as well.

It feels good to be a gamer. I'm tired and sleepy, but at least I can go to sleep content and proud to have done something for the gaming community. :)

No comments: