Monday, June 20, 2005

Pointyman2000 is an Uncultured Brute

Yes, I have finally come out to admit it. Despite the fact that I enjoy roleplaying games, music, anime, talking about random philosophy and writing stories, I have one weakness.

I am unable to process anything that is related to "Art". Perhaps it's due to my inherent dependence on Left-Brained thinking, or the fact that I lived a childhood deprived of basic things like learning how to swim, or learning how to ride a bike.

Anyway, This is what comes to mind when I watch plays. I stand there, trying to comprehend it, always teetering on the brink of enlightenment... and then it ends. The crowd approves with the play, thundering applause and bobbing heads while I wonder, "What am I missing?"

3 comments:

Scaredy-Geek said...

ahahaha! that's all right. sometimes art can be a little overrated (and this is coming from someone who's graduated from an arts course)

Anonymous said...

ever thought that the play just plain stank?

or maybe... you just gotta let go and try to feel, rather than to think... Art (i hear) is about expression of emotion... so maybe we're both trying too hard to "comprehend" it, rather than "feeling" it...

notice I said "we" rather than you... all the culturally deprived people, raise your hand please. :D *wave*

Jay Steven Anyong said...

I think I develop ADD in a theater. :p