Monday, November 08, 2004

And the world changes once again...

Hey,

I'm not sure if this will be the last post I will make from the cold and dark confines of this break room. I've just received word from the company that I've applied in that I've been accepted, and they want me to start by next week.

Am I happy? I suppose. It's a new job, albeit really far from where I live. It's going to be a junior management position that will pretty much suit the course I took up in college. Finally, it's going to be a day job, regular hours where the night is reserved for sleeping.

Am I worried about the future? Even more so. I'm not getting any younger (God, I never thought I'd actually write that) and finding a job where I can establish a true career is on the top of my list. I'm sure that I've got a lot of peers of my age which think I'm over-reacting, but the truth of the matter is, my family isn't really in any financial position to afford me the luxury of actually bumming around.

Times have changed. The two restaurants we've had are closed and the family is still working off a debt incurred to pay for them. My dad is stationed in China now just so he can earn a monthly wage to payoff the debt. Part of my income is dedicated to helping in that effort as well.

Hopefully this move will be a good one. With any luck, I'll be able to carve a place for myself in that company, and establish a real presence, and begin working in earnest to establishing my future.

I hope that the people closest to me are proud of me. I've come a long way from the aimless, frightened bum that I used to be when I graduated college. I'm still scared at times, and also indecisive at others, but I guess it really took four years of Real Life (tm) to beat the lessons into my head. Discipline, Willpower, and the Courage to face the future are some of the toughest things to learn, but hopefully, I won't forget them.

Of course, there's also the fact that there are a lot of lessons that I have yet to learn.

----

Typing out this entry, I just remembered a few things I've read before regarding my profile in various horoscope thingys. All three things I've looked into: the secret of Names, the western Zodiac and the Chinese Zodiac have all mentioned something about my particular life.

It is in my middle age that the lessons of life will begin to take root in my personality, and it is then that I will achieve true happiness and success in work.

Here's hoping that the lessons I'm still learning will keep on growing on me.

3 comments:

Tonnie Seawolf said...

Of course we're proud of you!!! Who wouldn't after all you've been through!

Good luck on this new job. And don't worry, you are not over reacting, I feel the same way. =) Just keep your chin up and have faith...that's what my officemates keep telling me. =)

Jonette said...

We second the motion, too! You're such an inspiration!

At least, I think you're someone worth evry bit looking up to. Basta, I wouldn't think twice about referrencing you as a success story. Or a hero-in-the-making, at least. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you Jay! Good luck! As for me, I've signed a binding agreement that will keep me here until June 15 of next year. They paid for some very expensive training. Do visit my blog for updates.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/firewomyn



- Trainer from Utopia -