Friday, May 21, 2004

Creative Commons

Hey guys,

I've stumbled upon a site called Creative Commons, it's a website for an initiative to create a different kind of Copyright. Instead of a complete copyright, it enables people to cover some of their rights while allowing other people in the web to alter, distribute or sell it depending on how the author allows it to be.

The cool thing about it is that it allows individuals to tailor their own copyright and it produces three versions, a People-readable version, a Lawyer-readable version and a Machine readable version. Either way, it covers all your bases and gives you control on how you want your work to be protected.

Since I'm not all that well versed in it, check out the flash video explaining how the whole thing works.

----

Speaking of creative endeavors, I've got the updated version of my FREE pen and paper RPG creation, Steampunk Mafia up over here! Please check it out if you guys can and tell me what you think. :) It's been improved since the last update, with a little more background information on the setting, a new character sheet and cleaned up rules for the Kodiaks.

Well, I think that's it for now. I'll catch you guys later!

No comments: