Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It's never too late to play a good game

RIP Troika, I loved your Arcanum and I'm now making my way through your last hurrah, Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines.

I know it's an old game, but thanks to my kitty, I've been able to score a PC that can finally run the thing, and I've installed the latest patch for it (v3.1) to get it running sans bugs.

My overall impression is that it kicks major amounts of ass. The atmosphere of the game perfectly matches White Wolf's famous World of Darkness setting, and as a GM for both the old and the new World of Darkness, I can't help but get a nostalgic vibe off Vampire: the Masquerade.

Then again, people who know me also know that I've always been curious to try a Vampire: the Masquerade tabletop game as a player, but I've never been able to coordinate my schedule to any ones that I've found running.

I tried playing over a Play by Post forum, but that one died on me after two weeks.

Anyway, the PC game, Bloodlines impressed me a lot with it's soundtrack, and very well done voice acting and characters.



Check this out, if this isn't a creepy, missing a few screws vampire to you, then you need to hang out with more normal people.

No comments: