Friday, April 01, 2005

Not Again!

Not again... not again!

Taken from KYW Newsradio 106

A South Jersey man is being jailed without bail in Montgomery County, Pa. on charges that he stabbed three people to death last Friday in King of Prussia.

In addition to facing first-degree murder charges in the stabbing deaths of Lisa Greaves, her sister Heather, and Heather’s three-year-old daughter, district attorney Bruce Castor says John Eichinger will also be charged with the 1999 murder of Jennifer Still of Bridgeport (Montgomery County), Pa.

Castor (below right) says the motive appears to be jealousy, but they are also looking into some sort of connection with the fantasy role-playing game ”Dungeons and Dragons”:

"I mean, you have many, many stab wounds and those 'Dungeons and Dragons' fantasy games involve swords and knives and daggers and things of that nature. There may be a connection but I can’t say for sure.”

He says it appears they were all part of the same circle of acquaintances. Castor hopes to prosecute all four murders at one time, and says he will seek the death penalty for Eichinger.

----

There is something to be said about this line of thinking:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

"Before this, therefore because of this."

Example:
The chicken crossed the road and then the sun set. Therefore the Sun set because of the chicken crossing the road.

Please... just punish the guy if he's guilty, but at least stop these witch hunts!

6 comments:

Jonette said...

Anak ng... >_<###

Really, people like these should be burned at the stake. After beiing inebriated with gin and lambanog by force.

Anonymous said...

People don't like being responsible for their actions, especially heinous ones. That or they are totally mentally fu**** up. It's like the guy I interviewed once in the mental hospice. He murdered his father with an axe because an angel told him to do it...

Anyway, I guess we should expect more anti-RPG movement from "Moms Who Blame Everything Else Except Themselves for the Violence Caused by their Hellborn Brats" and the "I'm Holier Than Thou" groups.

To end this, here's a little something to brighten your day: :-* (an emoticon kiss). Love you dear. ;-)

Jay Steven Anyong said...

I love you too, kitty. :)

That sure brightened up my day. On other news, that's really disturbing. In the World of Darkness, that really could have been an angel... a fallen on from Demon: the Fallen.

*ponders*

That's a game right there. :p

Jay Steven Anyong said...

Anonymous,

I understand that the deaths of your friends is a truly horrible experience for you, and that you must feel very strongly about this man being punished.

If you would take the time to kindly read the last line of my post, you will see that I am not out to protect this man, nor to say that the lives of your friends are meaningless.

Furthermore, I do not appreciate being accused of what I think. My thoughts when I last checked, belong to myself, and nobody has yet invented a device powerful enough to read them. That being said, your claim that I have not given thought to the innocent lives claimed by this tragedy is completely without basis, and reveals that emotion, rather than reason motivates you.

What I merely wish to convey by my post, are the feelings that I have towards the kind of logic quoted in the article by the DA. If I have rubbed salt in your wounds, then please accept my sincerest apologies.

Now, having said that, I would greatly appreciate it if you were to somehow sign your posts, and expose who you are. I have been a victim of poseurs and hacks who have nothing better to do than to pester other people.

While I am somewhat convinced of your claim's validity, your hesitation to use your name as well as your surprising lack of command of the language all point to classic symptoms of being a drama queen or king, depending on your gender.

I am hoping to hear from you soon, and that you would be so kind as to elevate this discussion to a mature one that would do honor to those who have died, rather than the very hysterics that humanity left behind when we left the Dark Ages.

All that being said, I offer my humble prayers to the souls of the departed, and to the swift punishment of the guilty.

Anonymous said...

I was up collecting final news stories on my best friend,my good friends/babysitter,and my sons best friends avery death,I was in there house earlier with there father to see capet ripped up and the blood left behind.I went out to dinner with there father this evening.Ican only tell you they were pretty normal people they were not into witchcraft shit,or weriodo card games,
There is a memorial fund set up commerace bank in care of George Greaves ,the donations are going to the funeral expences.they amounted well over 35,000 dollers,he cant afford to pay for it.He is a very nice,loving and quiet man.

Anonymous said...

I never take these 'Anonymous' posts seriously. It's usually posted by some punk who never bothers to read and understand a post before putting in a reply.

Just read that post, it screams, 'whiny angsty blog lurker' written all over it.