Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Aimless until I saw the star...

It's Christmas again, and I find myself in a different life once again.

For one thing, I'm now working for a different corporation, and I'm back to a normal day shift. I'm working to build a long term career, and I'm going to be travelling to places I've never been to. I feel like a bottle of oil and water that's been shaken up... badly.

I admit it... I'm a creature of habit and routine, and now I'm still in the process of sorting things out.

----

Growing old is freaky, I feel like I'm being accelerated through a tunnel moving along the hypercube of time. I'm sitting perfectly still, and I'm still getting nauseous.

I get this feeling whenever I'm about to embark on another chapter of my life.

I guess I sound crazy when I talk like this, but that's really how it is. If I was ever attuned to the Sphere of Entropy (in Mage-speak), then this must be how sensing destiny might be. And if my gut feel is right, I'm in for one heck of a ride.

----

Now for the good part. Looking out into the night on my way home, the countless parol that hung from everywhere served as the koan that woke me up from my daze.

The Star

I must have looked really stupid, staring out from the overpass on top of the MRT in Quezon Avenue, looking at the string of stars that led off into the horizon. Perhaps it was my Catholic upbringing, but the Christmas Star was a reminder that no matter how utterly displaced I was... there was guidance from someone Greater.

There was hope.

There was someone making sure that I was okay.

1 comment:

Tobie said...

Merry Christmas, Jay!

Too bad we don't have an AEGIS party to celebrate.
See you around man.